Ok, so you guys know I love my morning routine, but I am also just as obsessed with my night-time structure. Whether I am having a good or bad day, it always such a great feeling to allow myself to unwind from the day in a relaxing way. What I do to unwind is always changing, however, I thought I would share what I am currently doing on week nights to relax.
- Check my to-do list/planner. At the end of my day, I always like to go back to my to-do list or planner, and cross off the things I completed. If there are items I didn’t get to, I will add them to the next day’s list/plan. This is always so satisfying, as it allows me to feel a sense of accomplishment for completing various tasks.
- Light Candles/Turn on Lamps. Next up is creating a relaxing “vibe”. Turning off the main lights, and just using the light from candles and lamps is so calming.
- Shower. I am a big shower at night kind of girl. I like to think that I am “rinsing off the day” (haha). After my shower I always put lotion on, and change into a super comfy outfit.
- Watch a TV show/or YouTube Videos. This is my favourite step. I love getting cozy on the couch, and watching something that allows my mind to take a break. I will usually enjoy a tasty snack and some tea while I watch:)
- Bedtime. I have been trying to go to bed earlier these days, however, with the end of the semester coming up, I usually get to bed around 11pm. I brush my teeth, put on PJs, spray a relaxing mist , and shut my eyes for the night.
I think it is so important to give ourselves some time to unwind from our day. Whether your day was super productive, or maybe you feel you got nothing accomplished, it is crucial that we reward our bodies and minds with a little rest and relaxation. Find things that allow you to feel a sense of calmness, and implement them into your night-time structure 🙂